January 2019 Astrology Forecast
To counterbalance Saturn’s sovereignty, the new year finds a freshly-forged Mars in its diurnal domicile. As a welcoming aspect, the Sagittarius Moon trines Mars on 1/2/19, exact at 0°54′ Sagittarius-Aries. Thereafter, the Mars-Saturn square is exact at 13°46′ Aries-Capricorn on 1/21/19 (6:27 AM EST), as the Leo Moon separates from its opposition to the newly ingressed Sun in Aquarius. Mars trines the Greater Benefic on 1/25/19 at 16°39′ Aries-Sagittarius. The red planet remains in his domicile until February 14th, when he will exit the Warrior and ingress into his detriment, Venusian Taurus.
Mercury, the fleet-footed Messenger, finally vacates its detriment, ingressing into Capricorn on 1/5/19, where its expression is comparatively succinct and efficient. Mercury’s ingress heralds this month’s first lunation, a partial solar eclipse in Capricorn, the embodiment of Saturnian discipline.
Like Mercury, Venus exits her detriment in Scorpio and ingresses into Sagittarius. In Sagittarius, Venus prepares to conjoin Jupiter, exact at 16°03′ Sagittarius on 1/22/19. The place signified by Sagittarius in one’s natal chart will be afforded amplification, pleasure, and grace, as both benefics unite to bestow the fullest expression of their affirming qualities.
January 2019 Lunations:
- 1/5/19: Partial Solar Eclipse at 15°25′ Capricorn
Placed in the second decanate of Capricorn, this month’s partial solar eclipse in Capricorn forges Saturn’s signature. With the greater malefic in his nocturnal domicile, the luminaries conjoin Saturn and Pluto. Additionally, the Sun and Moon sextile Neptune, as the Capricorn stellium overcomes Mars via sign-based, superior square. In one’s natal chart, the house occupied by Capricorn will be a focal point of critical laboriousness.
- 1/21/19: Total Lunar Eclipse at 0°51’ Leo
Occurring near the North Node at its perigee, the total lunar eclipse is placed in the first decanate of Leo, which is ruled by Saturn. For an hour and 2 minutes, the eclipse will encompass the Moon in total darkness, a visible spectacle in the Americas, Europe, and most of Africa. As the final eclipse on the Leo-Aquarius axis, this total lunar eclipse concludes a 2.5 year cycle. The house occupied by Leo engages in a culmination of heart-centered focus that is, ideally, calibrated by its Aquarian counterpart.
January 2019 Dual Cazimi Configurations:
In the King’s Heart
When a planet is ‘in the heart’ of the King, or Cazimi, it is, simultaneously, shielded and strengthened in the commencement of a new solar cycle. The Medieval term Cazimi is the Latin transliteration of the Arabic term ‘kaṣmīmī’, implying ‘as if in the heart’. Essentially, this is the translation of the Greek term egkardios (meaning ‘in the heart’), originating in the works of Rhetorius of Egypt, circa 7th century CE. *There are disparities amongst Medieval sources regarding the exact proximity between the Sun and another planet in order to be deemed Cazimi, with earlier authors attributing a broader 1° value and later astrologers decreasing range to 16’. However, even the 16′ value presents discordance amongst later astrologers. William Lilly, for example, extends Cazimi to 17′.
January 2019 heralds dual Cazimis: Saturn Cazimi is exact at 11°31’ Capricorn on 1/2/19 (12:48 AM EST). As a double-dose of Mars, the Scorpio Moon surveys the Saturn Cazimi at 11°31’ Capricorn, on 1/2/19. Angular malefics accompany the malefic-ruled Moon, until it enters Sagittarius. Since Saturn is naturally in its nocturnal domicile via Capricorn, this Cazimi portal will doubly fortify his structured, disciplinarian sovereignty.
The Mercury Cazimi trails behind on 1/29/19, exact at 9°54’ Aquarius. Comparatively, both Cazimis accentuate angular malefics in their domiciles with a Libra rising, nocturnal chart. Although briefly, Mercury Cazimi affords the stoic clarity of the Saturn-disposited Messenger.
January’s celestial terminal revisits the structured laboriousness that punctuates the Capricorn eclipse. On 1/30/19, the Saturn-Neptune sextile at 14°54′ Capricorn-Pisces encapsulates the month’s necessity for perserverance. An impervious foundation must be cemented in order to actualize the unison between realism and idealism. Otherwise, if quotidian obligations are neglected, Neptune’s allure can only remain illusory.
January 2019 Astrology Forecast Calendar
- 12/31/18: Mars into Aries
- 1/2/19: Saturn Cazimi at 11°31′ Capricorn
- 1/2/19: Moon trine Mars at 0°54′ Sagittarius-Aries
- 1/3/19: Moon square Neptune at 14°08′ Sagittarius-Pisces
- 1/4/19: Mercury trine Uranus Rx at 28°36′ Sagittarius-Aries, Moon conjunct Mercury at 29 22′ Sagittarius
- 1/5/19: Sun sextile Neptune at 14°09′ Capricorn-Pisces
- 1/5/19: Mercury ingresses into Capricorn
- 1/5/19: Partial Solar Eclipse at 15°25′ Capricorn
- 1/6/19: Uranus direct in Aries
- 1/7/19: Venus ingresses into Sagittarius
- 1/8/19: Mercury square Mars at 4°55′ Capricorn-Aries
- 1/11/19: Sun conjunct Pluto at 20°56′ Capricorn
- 1/13/19: Mercury conjunct Saturn at 12°51′ Capricorn, Jupiter square Neptune at 14°22′ Sagittarius-Pisces
- 1/14/19: Mercury sextile Neptune at 14°24′ Capricorn-Pisces
- 1/18/19: Venus trine Mars at 11°53’ Sagittarius-Aries, Mercury conjunct Pluto at 21°11′ Capricorn, Sun square Uranus at 28°39′ Capricorn-Aries
- 1/20/19: Total Lunar Eclipse at 0°51′ Leo, Moon at perigee
- 1/20/19: Sun ingresses into Aquarius
- 1/22/19: Venus conjunct Jupiter at 16°03′ Sagittarius
- 1/24/19: Mercury ingresses into Aquarius
- 1/25/19: Mars trine Jupiter at 16°39′ Aries-Sagittarius
- 1/29/19: Mercury Cazimi at 9°54′ Aquarius
- 1/30/19: Saturn sextile Neptune at 14°54′ Capricorn-Pisces
Michelsen & Pottenger, The American Ephemeris 2000-2050 at Midnight.
Etching by K. Kalynovych.
Copyright © 2018 Saturn and the Sun Astrology. All rights reserved.