November anticipates Jupiter’s departure from a year-long transit through Mars-ruled Scorpio (since 10/10/17), and into his domicile. On November 8th, Jupiter ingresses into Sagittarius until 12/2/19. This day’s splendor unfurls as, together, both benefics (Venus and Jupiter) are firstly seen enthroned in their respective domiciles (Libra and Sagittarius, respectively).
The wild blackout of November’s autumnal storms is forged by the blaze of Jupiter and Mars. Here, both planets roam and release amidst each other’s territories. Firstly, Mercury exits Mars-ruled Scorpio, entering Jupiter’s realm on October 31st, as the fleet-footed Messenger ingresses into his detriment in Sagittarius. On November 15th, the exchange between Jupiter and Mars extends as the latter ingresses into Jupiter-ruled Pisces. This receptivity engraves Jove’s jubilant mark into the red planet of severance.
Cleansed of Mars’ murky ink (on October 31st), on November 16th, Venus stations direct at 25º14′ Libra (on fixed stars Arcturus and Spica). Thereafter, in his detriment, Mercury stations retrograde, on November 16th, at 13º29′ Sagittarius (until 12/6/18, stationing direct at 27º16′ Scorpio). The challenging Mercury retrograde is encapsulated in a Sagittarius stellium (Sun, Jupiter, Mercury) come November 22nd, as the solar Centaur gleams in the November sky. The yearly Jupiter Cazimi, on November 26th, is a potent effulgence: the Greater Benefic is doubly empowered, when, in his domicile, he is simultaneously shielded in the king’s heart.
“Him Centaur follows with an aiming eye,
His bow full-drawn, and ready to let fly.”
The Centaur’s Aiming Eye: Jupiter Ingresses Into Sagittarius
On November 8th, Jupiter ingresses into his year-long Sagittarian domicile, where the bow is fully drawn in sweeping flight. This ingress oversees the full expression of the eternal, fiery force of courage, the primal fire reflected in opportune angularity.
Upon the astrological plane, Sagittarius is the mobile unit of the fiery trigon. He serves as the governing force of humanity, and that which oversees the necessity of justly law and order. In this expression, the bow, a metaphor for strength or force, flings its arrows in any opportune direction. This forward momentum of restless energy interminably seeks new modes of expression. Arising from the external plane’s chaos, this expressive reflectivity develops organization. As author of noble charity, the genuine son of Jupiter signifies higher moral character and humanitarian qualities. Upon the astrological sphere, Jupiter is deemed the Greater Benefic, possessing the highest form of human expression and rarest qualities of justice. The Centaur, too, is a symbol of secular knowledge, and its influence indicates external powers of merciful command as a result of its mental organizational skills. Representing the muscular foundation, Sagittarius is the emblem of stability, foundation, and physical power. Overseen by Jupiter, the Centaur’s locomotive star will aid in the yearly amplification of Jupiter’s worldly wisdom.
The November 7th New Moon at 15º11′ Scorpio (decan II) occurs on the day Uranus regresses into 29º59′ Aries. The New Moon trines Neptune, sextiles Pluto, and is poised against the backdrop of Saturn.
The Full Moon in Gemini occurs on November 23 at 0º52′ Gemini (decan I), where Luna opposes Jupiter. Likewise, the luminaries and Jupiter are tangled in a T-Square to Mars. Mercury, the dispositor of November’s Full Moon, conjoins Jupiter, and stirs themes of potential inaccuracy and exaggeration. Equilibrium between ambition and ethics will surge for inspection, as will our necessity for accurate communication.
When in its own domicile, a planet is considered impervious to the Sun’s beams. As Jupiter approaches the King’s Heart (Sun) on 11/26/18, he will be enveloped within 16 arc minutes of the solar rays. This condition, known as Cazimi, is the Medieval astrological term that defines closely conjoined planets (within 16 arc minutes).* When a planet is ‘in the heart’ of the King, or Cazimi, it is, simultaneously, shielded and strengthened in the commencement of a new solar cycle. In the case of Jupiter, he will be doubly fortified, considering he is already in his domicile.
November 2018 Astrological Forecast Calendar
- 10/31/18: Mercury ingresses into Sagittarius; Venus Rx at 29º54′ Libra (Decan III)
- 11/1/18: Moon opposite Mars at 21º31′ Leo, Jupiter trine Chiron at 28º31′ Scorpio-Pisces.
- 11/2/18: Moon ingresses into Virgo. Moon trine Saturn at 5º04′ Virgo-Capricorn.
- 11/3/18: Sun ingresses into Decan II Scorpio.
- 11/4/18: Sun on Alphecca, currently at 12º32′ Scorpio. Moon ingresses into Libra. Moon square Saturn at 5º15′ Libra-Capricorn.
- 11/5/18: Moon square Pluto at 19º04′ Libra-Capricorn, Sun trine Neptune at 13º47′ Scorpio-Pisces, Venus conjunct Ceres at 27º25′ Libra, Moon trine Mars at 24º06′ Libra-Aquarius.
- 11/6/18: Moon into Scorpio, square the Nodes, Rx North Node enters 29º56′ Cancer, Uranus regresses into Aries (29º59′).
- 11/7/18: New Moon at 15º11′ Scorpio (Decan II).
- * 11/8/18: Jupiter ingresses into (his domicile) Sagittarius until 12/3/19, Venus trine Mars at 26º11′ Libra-Aquarius. Moon into Sagittarius. Together, both benefics are first seen enthroned in their respective domiciles.
- 11/11/18: Moon into Capricorn
- 11/12/18: Ceres ingresses into Scorpio.
- 11/13/18: Lunar Node stations direct at 29º10′ Cancer.
- 11/14/18: Moon into Aquarius
- 11/15/18: First Quarter Moon at 23º11′ Aquarius (Decan III). Mars sextile Uranus at 29º40′ Aquarius-Aries. Mars ingresses into Pisces at 6:21 PM ET.
- * 11/16/18: Moon into Pisces. Venus stations direct at 25º14′ Libra on Arcturus and Spica.
- 11/16/18: Mercury stations retrograde at 13º29′ Sagittarius (until 12/5/18, stations direct on 12/6/18 at 27º16′ Scorpio).
- 11/19/18: Moon into Aries. Mars square Jupiter at 2º33′ Pisces-Sagittarius.
- 11/21/18: Moon into Taurus.
- 11/22/18: Sun ingresses into Sagittarius.
- 11/23/18: Full Moon at 0º52′ Gemini (Decan I).
- 11/24/18: Venus conjunct Spica, currently at 24º4′ Libra, Neptune stations direct at 13º41′ Pisces, Moon into Cancer.
- 11/25/18: Moon trine Mars at 6º6′ Cancer-Pisces. Moon opposite Saturn at 7º15′ Cancer-Capricorn. Moon trine Neptune at 13º41′ Cancer-Pisces.
- 11/26/18: Jupiter Cazimi at 3°56′ Sagittarius.
- * 11/27/18: Moon square Venus at 27º25′ Cancer-Libra (12:32 AM). Lunar Node stations direct at 28º01′ Cancer. Moon into Leo. Moon trine Jupiter at 4º14′ Leo-Sagittarius, Mercury at 4º39′ Leo-Sagittarius, and the Sun at 5º25′ Leo-Sagittarius. Mars sextile Saturn at 7º29′ Pisces-Capricorn. Mercury Cazimi, exact at 5º03′ Sagittarius. Mercury conjunct Jupiter at 4º18′ Sagittarius.
- 11/29/18: Moon trine Uranus at 29º12 Leo-Aries.
- 11/30/18: Last Quarter Moon at 7º43′ Virgo (Decan I). Venus opposite Uranus at 29º12′ Libra-Aries.
Michelsen & Pottenger, The American Ephemeris 2000-2050 at Midnight.
Lilly, William, Christian Astrology.
Copyright © Saturn and the Sun Astrology. All rights reserved.